Thursday, July 26, 2007

Rare photograph! Chicago's Brighton Junction during CTA Orange line construction. January 1990.

As I was rumaging through some of My personal railfan photographs last week, this rare artifact of Chicago history showed up. I had taken this photo on location at Archer and Western Avenues, during January of 1990. I was down to My last few pictures on a roll of black and white film I was experimenting with. January of 1990 in the city of Chicago Illinois,was quiete mild. No snow, but plenty of mud. The Chicagop Transit Authority's Orange line rapid transit to Chicago's Midway Airport, was under construction at the time of My visit.This view is looking southeast from the Norfolk Southern, CSX, and Illinois Central crosstracks just north of the shanty. The CTA Orange line passes this junction overhead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great find. Black and white really adds to the feel.