Thursday, July 12, 2007

Happy memorys of summer vacations past. Honolulu , Oahu, Hawaii. August 1979.

Aloha everyone!
Welcome aboard Eddie's Railfan Page.
As I was looking through My photographic Archives for some new material, I found some absolutely wonderfull and long overdue vacation photographs from years past.

Here I am, Your host and photographer in 1979 at age 17, on a Family vacation to Hawaii. This photograph was taken in the city of Honolulu, on the island of Oahu Hawaii. Me and My family were having fun at the Al Harrington Luau.

This was a great dinner party, with a live Polynesian show. I don't know if local entertainer Al Harrington is still doing this, but it was a really fun show to attend in Honolulu. We also went to see the late great Don Ho at his nightclub.

Between visiting the Honolulu Garment Factory ( Where I bough this shirt) -Pearl Harbor
The Polynesian Cultural Center, and the Oceana floating Chinese restaurant, It was a really great vacation that Me and My family still talk about almost 30 years later.

Check out My TV "Happy Days -Fonzie thumbs up pose." It was the trendy thing back then.

1 comment:

Tom Gill said...

Your Happy Days "Fonzie" pose is cool, as long as you don't "Jump the Shark!"