Thursday, November 01, 2012

Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe freight train approaching the swing bridge.

One of my favorite recreational past time activities, are my Wednsday night visits to the Oak Park Society of Model Engineers,H.O Scale Model Railroad Club.

The various fellow members on any given session, will run vintage American trains from the "Steam era", to today's modern intermodal double stack container trains, or even long unit coal trains.

I grew up in Chicago during the 1960's, 70's and 80's eras, and I chose to model and operate the trains from the 1960's and 70's era that I once seen almost everyday in Chicago back then when I was growing up.

Seen here approaching the swing bridge near the rear of the club layout, is my 1960's era freight train from the former Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: