Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Belt Railway of Chicago wide vision caboose # 126. Clearing Yard. Bedford Park Illinois USA. July 2007.

I took this photo after work one day, in late July of 2007. Seen here at the north entrance to the Belt Railway of Chicago Clearing Yard, is the BRC # 126 red caboose that never seems to be around when I have My camera with Me. This time I lucked out, and was greeted at the north entrance on South Central Avenue with this wonderfull photo prop on location. Notice the reflective safety stripes on the caboose ends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eddie,

After commenting to you in person about how surprised I was that I've never seen this caboose vandalized with grafitti, I see in your photo the evidence of some under the cupola. Looks like the BRC at least tries to stay on top of it by cleaning or painting over.

Eddie said...

Hi Anthony!
I agree with You on this one. The BRC seems to be taking great cosmetic care in maintaining this wide vision caboose. The short time that I have seen it in service, it has quickly become a new favorite with Me.
I began railfanning the BRC with a camera during the mid 1980's, mainly at Hayford Junction. I can still remember those little black and gray transfer cabooses that didn't have a cupola or a bay window. One of those has been preserved and is on display at the Illinois Railway Museum in Union Illinois.

Thank You.
Eddie.