Friday, August 10, 2007

Mc. Donald's iced coffee advertisement. The Metra Forest Glen commuter rail depot. Chicago Illinois USA. August 2007.

I took this photo from the northbound platform of the Metra Forest Glen commuter rail flagstop depot, on Chicago's far northwest side at North Elston Avenue.
The advertising people at Mc. Donald's Restaurants borrowed a song title and lyric phrase from the 1990 hit siong by rapper
Vanilla Ice.
One of the flavors here just happens to be
"Vanilla Ice" on their iced coffee drink menu.

3 comments:

Tom Gill said...

Actually, their iced coffees are pretty good, and inexpensive! I've been drinking a couple a week (or more) since May. I stopped in a McDonald's in Louisville, KY and asked for an iced coffee and they looked at me like I was an alien. Every other state between Illinois and Florida had them but not Kentucky.

Their loss...

Anonymous said...

I hope the iced coffee isn't as fake as Vanilla Ice was!!

Eddie said...

I like Wierd Al Yanchovic's polka version of Ice Ice Baby, from one of his albums.

Eddie .