Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My "First Official Railfan Photograph".South Shore train at Chicago's Randolph Street Station. August 1979.

I have been a bonified railfan photographer since 1983. However, I did take a small handfull of photographs during the 1970's and very early 1980's from visits to various railroad museums, or even a "Just for the heck of it" lineside shot.

I consider this photo to be My actuall "First" railfan photograph, as this was the first time I had ever photographed a working day, "Non Museum" piece of day to day rolling stock.

I was taking an August trip to Michigan City indiana via the Chicago, South Shore & South Bend Railroad back in 1979. They were still using these old rebuilt 1920's era heavyweight electric multiple unit coaches. This photo was taken on a Kodak 110 speed pocket camera. These old 1920's era coaches were offiicially retired and replaced by new equipment in 1983. Several of these old South Shore cars wound up in various railroad museums around the country.

No comments: