Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Seasonal pothole patching in the city of Chicago. Chicago Illinois USA. November 2006.

I took this photo last year in November of 2006. A handfull of sunny and somewhat mild days late in the year, is practically all it takes to bring out a city crew doing spot repairs on Chicago city streets. I do not recall what street I had photographed this on, I do remeber that it was on the northside of Chicago. An International / Navistar dump truck with a crew cab from the Chicago Department of Transportation, is seen working a stop and go route, on a street infested with numerous potholes and cracks in the concrete. Maintainting this important piece of infrustruture is important, as things like bad weather, rock salt, and heavy daily traffic can put a main thoroughfare in a dangerous condition for motorist to drive in. An imporatant job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excuse Me buddy, but I believe that this is a Freightliner truck.