Friday, November 16, 2007

Do it Yourself, low budget, corporate publicity photograph. La Grange Illinois USA. October 1983.

I took this photo looking east from the Stone Avenue Station in west suburban La Grange Illinois, way back in October of 1983.

It was a nice photo, but I had almost felt like it had needed something. Looking something like that WGN Childrens TV show host Ray Rayner had done on his program during the 1960's and 70's, I created a new "Do it Yourself Project".

For some odd reason, I can't recall the Burlington Northern Railroad using any photos of La Grange in their official corporate publicity photo archives. As often as Myself and other local Chicagoland railfans had visited La Grange during the 1980's, I felt that it was time that this west suburban town in the greater Chicagoland area got it's due!
I merely added the cover from an old matchbook, and there You have it! A simple Do It Yourself Burlington Northern publicity photograph that honors the village of La Grange Illinois.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. This actually kind of does resemble one of those old Ray Rayner do it Yourself projects.
I used to watch his morning TV show before going to school.

Del.