Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Technical difficulties. The Midwest Transit Bus Museum. Cresthill Illinois USA. September 2000 Members Day.

For two years, I was a Member of the Midwest Transit Bus Museum, located at Route # 53 and Caton Farm Road in Cresthill Illinois near Joliet.

I took this behind the scenes photo during the September 2000 Members Day gathering.
West Towns Bus Company 1950 GM TDH Series old look bus # 776 began experiencing some sort of a Mechanical Problem on one of the operating trips around the Museum Property, and Laddie Vitek on the left ( A professional Amtrak locomotive engineer), and David Buzek -(the museum President and full time Pace bus driver)
have popped open one of the rear engine servicing compartment hatches, and are using some tools to make any needed adjustments.
The bus in front of them, is a former Chicago Transit Authority 1961 Flxible Fishbowl Windshield new look bus. It is nice to know that there are a few places in this world, where You can see and ride vintage antique buses.

A special thanks to Dave Buzek and the various members for Historic Preservation efforts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I grew up with Dave's brother
Bob & always knew the passion
that Dave puts into preserving
the history of these busses for
our future generations. I've been on that bus in the photo w/him & Bob at the Hobie Parade in Berwyn
back in 1985...it was a thirll going down Cermak Rd. w/him and waving at the crowds!!!

Eddie said...

Hi Vince!
I recall that Your name sounds familiar to Me.
I used to work nearby at Romeoville Illinois around this time, and eventullay quit for a better job elsewhere. Unfortunately..I was now working on the northside of Chicago, and eventually began dating here too.
I was no longer anywhere near Cresthill Illinois in My spare time and eventually dropped out of the Midwest Transit Bus Museum.

I was a member from 2000 to 2002.
Please stay in touch. I miss everyone there. I occasionally call Dave, but He is hard to reach.

Thank You.
Eddie K.