Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My old H.O Scale Trolley Layout. 1998.

For a brief period from 1997 to approximately 2001, I was bitten by the "Traction Bug". I was living in small accomodations at My Parents place in Bridgeview Illinois, and didn't have the available space available to bring My old H.O Model Trains out of storage and build a new layout.
Somehow, I turned to low budget "Traction Modeling" as an alternative to a lack of space. My layout, just like all the ones before it, spent most of it's time standing on it's side in storage. Overhead wire was impracticle, so I used 2 rail DC instead. My first traction layout shown here,t was only 2' x 4' , wich is actually more of an N Scale sized layout. I only had room for a small loop of track with no track switches. I used Atlas Code # 100 Flextrack, as the layout required very tight 9 Inch Radious curves at each end. Although I couldn't operate switching locals or Amtrak trains like on My previous layouts, My Bachman Brills, IHC Four Wheelers, and Bowser Trolleys looked nice passing a row of storefronts in traffic.

Many things were happening in Traction / Electric Streetcar events at this point in time, such
as the "New" Kenosha Wisconsin Electric Streetcar line wich opened on June 17th 2000.

No comments: