Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Winter sunset at Hawthorne Junction. Chicago Illinois USA. Febuary 2007.

I took this photo during that infamous Febuary 2007 Chicagoland Deep Freeze. The one good thing I can actually say about that miserable cold spell in Chicago, is that My winter railfan photographs were truly Spectacular.
I took this photo after work one evening, in Febuary of 2007. With an outside temperature of 8 above zero Farenheight and a blustery sub zero windchill blowing in from the west, I photographed this eastbound two car Canadian National switching local with a former Grand Trunk Western EMD roadswitcher on the head end. The train is heading eastbound on the former Illinois Central Iowa Division Mainline, and is approaching the Belt Railway of Chicago north and south tracks east of Cicero Illinois.

No comments: