Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Kelle Moraine Railway. Northlake Wisconsin USA. August 1985. ( Gone.)

I took this photo during My "One and Only Visit", to the Kettle Moraine Railway in Northlake Wisconsin. I visited this tourist railroad on a one day motorcoach charter, with a group from The Railroad Club Of Chicago. I wanted to return again someday to the Kettle Moraine Railway....but I never did.
The Kettle Moraine Railway, located 20 miles northwest of Milwaukee Wisconsin, shut down for good early in this decade, and went out of business.

If anybody has any information in regards to the current where abouts of the vintage antique locomotives and rolling stock of this once quaint Wisconsin Tourist Railroad, please let Myself and our fellow railfans know about it. Ok?
One report I heard, is that the locmotives and equipment are now at the National Railroad Museum in Green Bay Wisconsin awaiting Mechanical evaluation. Is that true? Please...We all would like to know.

Thank You.
Eddie K.

No comments: