Tuesday, April 26, 2011














I spotted this photo at My Link page Northern California Bus Fans.Com, wich is located to the right of Your computer screen.

I grew up in the city of Chicago Illinois during the 1960's and 70's era, and I have somewhat vaque memories of seeing these Continental Trailways, Eagle motor coaches in downtown Chicago. During the 1960's and part of the 1970's, Continental Trailways had a bus depot with a coffee shop inside, I believe on West Randolph Street in downtown Chicago. These beautiful and stylish long distance intercity motor coaches, were quiete a sight to see in person with those unique White Wall tires.

Later on, proboubly due to maintenance costs during the early 1970's, Continental Trailways replaced these tires with standard Black Wall truck tires.

I always wanted to go for a ride aboard one of these Eagle coaches, but never got to do so when I was growing up. Still, it was nice being able to see and hear these machines in downtown Chicago amongst the traffic, pedestrians and sky scrapers.

No comments: