Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Vintage Santa Fe TV Commercials




I have stated in recent postings here at Eddie's Railfan Page...that " I have been a lifelong fan of the former Atchinson, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad." I grew up with the Santa Fe, and have always enjoyed the equipment, markings, color schemes and advertising used by the A,T & S,F daily.

I spotted this video on You Tube.

These 1970's era commercials from the former Atchinson, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad, were very special to Me. I used to watch these particular Santa Fe commercials during the 6:00 PM CBS Channel 2 Chicago news timeslot in the evening with My parents.

I think I was the only one who watched them at all in My house as a kid.
I guess thats one of the reasons I eventually became a diehard railfan.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: