Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Eastbound CSX Transportation intermodal container train. Hayford Junction. Chicago Illinois USA. Early July 2007.

I took this photo after work one day, on a visit to one of My old 1980's era Chicago railfan haunts. Hayford Junction is a busy crosstrack junction and interchange location at West 75th Street and South Central Park Avenue. The CSX container train, has just left Clearing Yard, and is proceeding eastbound on the Belt Railway of Chicago right of way. Soon the train will cross over the Canadian National ex Grand Trunk Western crosstrack and interchange. Hayford Junction was one of My favorite places I visited during My early railfanning days back in the 1980's. Many things have changed here, but Hayford is still a very active junction today.

No comments: