Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas in Chicago's Brighton Park neighborhood. Chicago Illinois. December 1988.

Christams in Chicago's Brighton Park neighborhood. Chicago Illinois. December 1988.

I took this photo in December of 1988. I wasn't sure where the photo location was when I posted this recently, but I believe it to be around West 44th Street and South St Louis Avenue on Chicago's southwest side. Brighton Park was always a very special neighborhood for Me in the city of Chicago, and I had spent a considerable amount of time visiting several Friends who lived here back in 1988.

2 comments:

Brokecompsoul said...

I'm pretty sure this is 44th and St Louis. It's a Southbound street which St Louis's traffic flows. 44th and St Louis is also one the few streets with that style of two-flats.

As a sidenote, I grew up across the street from these two-flats. I believe the one with Christmas lights was 4412 or 4414

Eddie said...

I have happy memorys of this neighborhood. I always enjoyed visiting, eating and shopping in Brighton Park. Nearby Archer and Kedzie was a CTA bus transfer point for Me in the days before I owned My first car.

Thanks.
Eddie K.