Friday, December 26, 2008

Eastbound CSX Transportation Co, West 16th Street industrial switching local. Cicero Illinois USA. January 2007.

Eastbound CSX Transportation Co, West 16th Street industrial switching local. Cicero Illinois. January 2007.

I was definately in the right place and right time when I snapped this photo after work one evening in January of 2007. I was traveling westbound on West 16th Street just past the Chicago city limits, in west suburban Cicero Illinois. I was delighted to spot the headlights of the slowly approaching eastbound CSX local, enroute to the Belt Railway of Chicago interchange after finishing it's switching chores at the factory spur sidings in Cicero Illinois. I pulled over to the side, and caught this image of a working freight train returning to the interchange at the end of the session around sunset.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the train is coming through someone's back yard!