Monday, December 29, 2008

Eastbound Canadian National transfer train. Forest Park Illinois USA. August 2006.

Eastbound Canadian National Railroad transfer train. Forest Park Illinois USA. August 2006.

One of My all time favorite railfan photos I had taken in recent years, was this one in August of 2006. I had just recently purchased My very 1st digital camera, and used it to capture this image of modern railroading. We are looking west through the chain link fencing on top of the Circle Avenue overpass bridge, in west suburban Forest Park Illinois. The distinct approaching sound of a heavy freight train told Me that I was in the right place at the right time that day. An eastbound heavy Canadian National transfer train, is seen passing over the Illinois U.S Route I-290 Expressway and the Chicago Transit Authority's Blue line rapid transit line tracks.

1 comment:

Corey said...

Drool...
The double track merges into a single track north of Madison and is the same track that is next to the missing Kiddieland. Do trains actually still use this track? I know the IHB splits westbound just south of B12. I guess after CN purchased the J this might be abandoned. I hope not. Great photo!