Sunday, December 07, 2008

One of Chicago's Wendella sightseeing boats during the off season. Chicago Illinois USA. January 2007.

One of Chicago's Wendella sightseeing excursion boats during the off season. Chicago Illinois. January 2007.

One activity I enjoyed doing growing up in Chicago, was taking a ride on the Wendella sightseeing boats on the Chicago River, and Lake Michigan during the summertime tourist season. At some point, I found Myself wondering,"Where do these boats go to during the winter off season months?"
I found My answer one day in January of 2007. I spotted this Wendella sightseeing boat shrink wrapped and docked for winter storage, on the North Branch of the Chicago River. I took this photograph looking southeast from the West webster Avenue bridge near North Ashland Avenue. Several other tourist sight seeing boats from Wendella, Mercury and a few other sightseeing boat companys were also docked nearby.

No comments: