Thursday, May 28, 2009

Eddie K and the Dukes of Hazzard TV show "General Lee" car. Chicago Illinois USA. April 2009.

Eddie K posing by the Dukes of Hazzard "General Lee" TV show car stand in. Chicago Illinois. April 2009.

Hi everyone!
welcome aboard Eddie's Railfan Page from the city of Chicago Illinois.

Sometimes very nice and unexpected things happen when You least expect it to.
I was heading back to My company's bus garage at the end of My lunchbreak one afternoon, in April of 2009, and spotted what looked like the old "General Lee" 1969 Dodge Charger from the old CBS TV show "The Dukes of Hazzard". This car was parked in front of the local Belmont Heights Auto Body Shop at the northwest corner of west Belmont and North Osceola Avenues.

Upon close inspection after parking My own car down the street, I was greeted by the shops manager who offered to take My photo next to it. I was told that many local residents had their photos taken by it as well.

The car is owned by a local Chicago area resident, who just happens to be a big fan of the Dukes of Hazzard TV show. The man felt a need to own his own General Lee.
Unlike the CBS TV show General Lee car, the doors are not "welded Shut", and the horn wich plays the song "Dixie"....Unfortunately is very "Off Key".

Still, this was a fun memory for Me on this lovely Springtime afternoon.
I used to watch the Dukes of Hazzard TV show on Friday nights when I was attending Curie High School back in the late 1970's and early 80's. I graduated in 1981.

1 comment:

Tom Gill said...

So cool. I'll bet Uncle Jesse would love to see your picture! Did you slide across the hood?