Wednesday, August 05, 2009

The Metra, Western Avenue commuter rail station. Chicago Illinois USA. June 2007.

The Metra Western Avenue commuter rail station. Chicago Illinois. June 2007.

I took this photo one hot and very sunny summer morning, back in June of 2007. Located a few miles west of downtown Chicago Illinois, is the Metra, Western Avenue commuter rail station. This elevated railroad station, is located on North western Avenue near west Hubbard Street. This depot serves commuter passengers on the Metra / Canadian Pacific ex Milwaukee Road west line to Elgin Illinois.

1 comment:

Sgaravito said...

I understand that this station has "commuter parking" (per the signs I actually saw when visiting it. I also understand that this parking is not owned by Metra and therefore, they cannot provide me with any information regarding the parking such as whether I need to apply for a space and pay a fee. Can someone help me with this information as I have researched this on the Internet and even called the alderman but no one seems to have any information. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sigrid