Wednesday, August 05, 2009

A railroad crew member at work on the A,T & S, F Illinois Northern industrial branchline local. Chicago Illinois USA. 1986.

Railroad Crew member.

I took this photo way back in 1986, in Chicago's Little Village neighborhood.
It is late in the morning, and the crew of the 5 days a week Atchinson, Topeka & Santa Fe railroad's former Illinois Northern Railroad industrial branchline local, are spotted just east of South Kedzie Avenue near West 28th Street. One of the locomotives crew members seen here who I didn't know, waved to Me and posed for this photo of Him at work.

Although I only knew maybe one or two crew members by name on the Illinois Northern switching local, they were indeed one of the nicest railroad crews I have met yet.

Today, there is only rumored to be one customer left on the former Santa Fe / Illinois Northern industrial branchline, and the succesor owner of the trackage BNSF Railway, has filed to abandon this once busy branchline. The portion shown here, is now unused and in a state of abandonement. The line currently ends at South Spaulding Avenue just north of west 31st Street.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. I would like to get updated with you new posts as I love to read your blog. Add me to your mailing list if you have any.