Thursday, March 13, 2014

An ariel view of a 1970's era Santa Fe local freight train crossing the tall steel trestle.

I took this photograph last week Wednsday night, at the Oak Park Society of Model Engineers,H.O Scale Model Railroad Club in Oak Park Illinois.

A recent addition to my rolling stock collection that I operate at the club sessions, is this nice Athearn model of an Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad EMD Phase 1 early 1970's era CF 7 light roadswitcher diesel electric locomotive.

I had this model modified, with the addition of a Soundtrax Tsunami DCC sound decoder. It makes the distinct sounds of the EMD 567 prime mover, a locomotive bell, and air horns.

I recall that one or two times during the 1980's, the Santa Fe had substituted one of these EMD C F 7's on the I.N / Illinois Northern industrial branchline instead of the usual EMD rebuilt GP 7's based out of nearby Corwith Yard, when I lived on the near southwest side of Chicago.

My Santa Fe train, is shown here crossing the tall steel bridge on the club layout, with several short covered hopper cars in tow. The locomotive is painted in Santa Fe's "Yellow Bonnet" paint scheme, which the Santa Fe had introduced in 1972.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: