Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Eddie K's first outdoor roller blading session of the year at West Park. Des Plaines Illinois. Tuesday, March 18th, 2014.

Well folks....the snow and ice have finally melted on the asphalt exercise path at West Park in northwest suburban Des Plaines Illinois.

Yesterday was a pleasant day here in the greater Chicagoland area with partly sunny skies and a weather forecast predicting temperatures around 52 degrees Farenheight. Nice!

With good news like that...I packed up my inline roller blade skates and safety gear the night before, and spent part of my lunchtime yesterday pursuing a long overdue fun outdoor session of roller blading at West Park.

In early August of 2013, I purchased my roller blade skates and safety gear, and started to practice roller skating after an absence of nearly eight years. (Not by choice.) I skated often at West Park in Des Plaines Illinois until late November of 2013, when the weather took a turn for the very bitterly cold and wet, with snow and ice that were soon to follow in it's wake.

After a long winter of 2014 with frequent heavy lake effect snowstorms, sharp winds and dangerously cold temperatures, I was finally able to enjoy my first outdoor roller blading session of 2014. It was awesome!

Thanks.
Eddie k.

No comments: