Thursday, August 17, 2006

Kiddieland Limited leaving the boarding terminal. Kiddieland Amusement Park. Melrose Park Illinois USA. July 2006.

Just for thr "Heck of it all", I stopped by after work at the Kiddieland Amusement Park in northwest suburban Melrose Park Illinois. I didn't have the money to actually go inside the park as I was between checks and paying Bills.
However....Parking lots are nice places to go Railfanning or "Gricing" as My friend "Iain" would say at My links site Railway Roundabout.Com. http://railwayroundabout.blogspot.com.
Right Iain? Absolutely buddy.
Seen here passing through the east parking lot, is the Kiddieland Limited streamliner diesel train. This train is painted in the "Daylight" passenger color scheme once utilized by the Southern Pacific railroad in the 1940's and 50's. In the background along North Avenue -U.S Route # 64 is the Maywood Park horse racing track. This was a fun way to end a hot summer workday back in July of 2006.

No comments: