Thursday, August 10, 2006

Westbound Canadian National freight train at North Riverside Illinois USA. May 2006.

I photographed this scene on a lovely morning in May of 2006. Once again, as with most railfan photographs, this was definately a Right place / Right time situation when I actually had a camera with Me.
I was on My way to a business / Sales call in Chicago's western suburbs. I had seen that the crossing gates on Desplaines Avenue just south of 22nd Street / Cermak Road were in the process of lowering to stop vechiculair traffic. I hastily pulled into a nearby parking lot, and ran to the tracks to photograph this slow moving Canadian National Railroad freight train. This particulair set of railroad tracks, is actually the former Illinois Central Railroads "Iowa Division Mainline" wich runs from Chicago Illinois to Waterloo Iowa. Canadian National absorbed the Illinois Central Railroad in a merger that took place around the year of 2000.

No comments: