Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Reflections of the Southshore Line. Michigan City Indianna USA. August 1984.

This photographic opportunity was just too good to pass up. This is proboubly My first creative artistic style photograph I had taken ever. At the time of this photograph, the old storefront station in Michigan City Indianna, with a waiting room was still in use. It was only open at certain times though. I had a feeling to photograph the window reflections of the south shore train outside on 11th Street, and I am so glad that I did. Abgout a year after I had taken this photograph, The depots ticket counter and waiting room were "Closed" for economic reasons. Passengers still board outside in front of the storefront station, however the windows and doorway have been officially "Boarded Up" and look abandoned. This photograph is definately a "last Look". A reflection of a proud past.

No comments: