Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Welcome to Mount Greenwood sign. CTA Bus Terminal at West 111th Street and South Pulaski Road. Circa 1987. Chicago Illinois USA.

I frequently travelled to the Mount Greenwood neighborhood community on Chicago's southwest side during the 1980's. While I mostly rode the Route #52A South Kedzie Bus to 111th and Kedzie Avenue, wich was a favorite "Shopping District", I would Occasionally take the Route # 53A South Pulaski bus to the turnaround terminal a mile west at 111th Street and Pulaski Road. On the east side of this bus terminal, stood this old fashioned wooden sign erected by the local Chamber of Commerce. I loved the Mount Greenwood neighborhood community. This Chicago neighborhood was an outpost community at the Chicago City Limits near the suburban towns of Oaklawn and Alsip Illinois. Mount Greenwood and west 111th Street was one of My many favorite Landmarks and Destinations when I used to travel via Public Transportation during the 1980's.

No comments: