Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Whistle Stop Ice Cream Shoppe. La Grange Illinois USA. (Gone) Febuary 1986.

The western suburban Village of La Grange Illinois was one of My all time favorite destinations to visit by Bus or Commuter Rail. This used to be one of Mt favorite places to visit on My many personal Public Transportation Travels during the 1980's. La Grange was a place I frequently enjoyed spending an afternoon in. My parents used to joke with me about La Grange being My unofficial 2nd Home. When I wasn't Railfanning on the Burlington Northern Railroad wich ran through town, I was visiting many wonderful stores and businesses. Shown here approximately less than a year before it closed, was the Whistle Stop Ice Cream Shoppe on La Grange Road near the hobby store. This was a tasty ice cream and soda shop that also sold candy as well. This store was a real Sweet Retreat. Although the Whistle Stop is long gone, There is another Ice Cream shop today in La Grange Illinois. Located approximately 2 blocks west of here, is "Tate's Ice Cream" on Ashland Avenue. La Grange Illinois was another favorite Landmark and Destination for this bus rider.

No comments: