Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Autum colors alongside Wellington Street. Elmwood Park Illinois USA. Early November 2008.

Autum colors alongside Wellington Street. Elmwood Park Illinois. Early November 2008.

Hi everyone!
welcome aboard Eddie's Railfan Page.
I took this photo in near northwest suburban Elmwood Park Illinois, one bright and sunny morning in early November of 2008. I spotted this tree with brightly colored gold seasonal foliage, at the corner of Wellington Street and 76th Court. This was one of Autums last "Hurrahs", as this tree and the surrounding ones near it, would soon shed all of their leaves, and begin their winter look. Autum is a colorful and very scenic time of the year in Elmwood Park.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am looking for information as to the color schemes used by the Chicago & West towns railway. I know they finished life in blue and white. What colors did the use before that? I only have greyscale pictures. I know there was one (c. 1939) with dark doors and front windows an light colored bottom. Another was dark all over. Yet another had several different shades separated by an x-shaped boundary. Can anyone help? edwj@hotmail.com