Monday, November 24, 2008

The old Fun Zone pinball and video arcade. Chicago Illinois USA. January 1980.

The Fun Zone pinball and video arcade. Located in a small strip mall just west of the intersection of South Archer Avenue and Pulaski Road, in Chicago's Archer Heights neighborhood. January 1980. ( Gone.)

I took this old photo, in January of 1980. This was the old Fun Zone pinball and video amusement arcade that was located just west of the intersection of South Archer Avenue and Pulaski Road, in Chicago's Archer Heights neighborhood. I attended nearby Curie High School across the street from here, from 1977 to 1981. Fun zone was one of My favorite high school hangouts. I enjoyed coming here at lunchtime. I recall that I had actually spent many a lunch time here during My Sophmore, Junior and Senior years attending Curie High School. I usually stopped by here after eating lunch, and would wind down My lunch period playing a pinball game or two, or even the jukebox. This was a happy memory for Me seeing this old photo again.

4 comments:

Tom Gill said...

While I never walked through those doors, I do remember it being the place to go at lunch time.

Anonymous said...

I used to go there constantly, during 1984-1987. Not only did I spend my hard earned after school job money from Taco Bell and Long John Silvers on the usual things girls spend money on(clothes, purses, shoes, etc..) but I spent soo much money here! After a while, I briefly dated the manager, Mike. Damned if I remember his last name! His dad was a firefigher, that's all I recall. Thnnks for taking this photo! Brings back sooo many memories! Now I can share this w/my husband a "natural" North Sider.

skip said...

i miss fun zone

Anonymous said...

Wow, that photo brings back alot of memories...i used to live just down the street. I spent so much money there...crazy!