Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Front wheels of a 1974 Ford 750 Custom Cab tow truck. Glenview Illinois USA. Friday, February 24th, 2012.

I took this photograph earlier this year, back in February.

I have always been a big fan of transportation subjects ranging from trains, trucks , airplanes, ships and even hot rod cars.

Not far from My own company I work at, is the Joseph Mularkey and Sons beverage distributorship on Old Willow Road in north suburban Glenview Illinois.

This company stil has a few classic Ford Custom Cab trucks from the 1970's and 80's era on their fleet today.

Seen here is the front wheels of their 1974 Ford 750 Custom Cab tow truck. This particular style of wheels, were once very common on commercial trucks. With their 5 pointed spokes, I often refered to these as "Star Wheels", as the design looked very much like a Starfish that one would see up close, at Chicago's John G. Shedd Aqairium.

No comments: