Thursday, May 17, 2012

Eddie K hosting Kiddieland Memories at the Eisenhower Public Library.Harwood Heights Illinois. Saturday, May 12th, 2012.

Hello everyone!

Welcome aboard Eddie's Railfan Page, from the city of Chicago Illinois USA.

Last week Saturday, I had the wonderful opportunity to host a multi media photo slideshow and lecture about Chicago's historic amusement parks of the past, at the Eisenhower Public Library in Harwood Heights Illinois.

Here I am setting up in the upstairs meeting room prior to the show that afternoon.

Althougjh the theme of My show was entitled "Kiddieland Memories", Kiddieland as well as Riverview Park, Playland and several other now long gone Chicago area amusement parks were featured as well.

Seen here in My hand, is one of My old 8 MM silent movies dubbed to video, that was taken at the 1990 annual summer carnival, at Saint Richard's Catholic Parish near Midway Airport back in July of 1990.

I opened the show with this one.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: