Friday, May 25, 2012

Flight '76 by Walter Murphy


Hi everyone!
This is Eddie K, Your host and photographer here at Eddie's Railfan Page.

I grew up on the near southwest side of Chicago during the 1960's and 70's era, and I fondy remember several hits from My own teenage years during the 1970's.

One of My favorite instrumental recording artists of that time, was a gentleman with His own orchestra Walther Murphy. He recorded His songs under the name Walter Murphy and The Big Apple Band.

Although His biggest all time hit was proboubly "A Fifth Of Bethoven" from the Saturday Night Fever movie soundtrack album, Flight 76 is actually My favorite Walter Murphy hit song release.

This song made it's debut release in 1976 when I was 14 years old, and is actually a Disco remake of a classical song known as "The Flight Of The Bumble Bee".

From 1976, heres Walter Murphy and Flight 76!

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: