Friday, May 25, 2012

Chicago's Riverview Park. (Gone.) 1904-1967.

One of the most fun projects I have done in recent times, is research the once many local Chicago area amusement parks of the past.

Chicago once had many of these, with a few inside the city itself, and several little ones resembling carnivals in the outlying suburbs.

I had enough photographic material to put together a few musical phjoto slideshows using Windows Movie Maker on My home computer. Eventually, I began hosting several nostalgia shows about Chicago's amusement parks of the past at various local Chicago area public librries.

Riverview Park wich was a huge 74 acre amusement park located on North Western Avenue in Chicago from 1904 to 1967, is proboubly the most popular of all of them, as I have been meeting several former Riverview Park patrons when I host My presentations.

This research project I put together on a somewhat forgotten (By todays standards) of locl Chicago history, has been a real blast for Me. This has been great fun!

Thanks everyone!

Eddie K.

No comments: