Wednesday, May 30, 2012

South Rampart Street Parade - Chris Barber and his Band 1982



As long as I can remember...I have always been a big fan of traditional American Dixieland Jazz music.

I wen't on two vacations to the Mardi Gras Celebration in the city of New Orleans Louisianna during the 1970's, and thats when I really discovered that I enjoyed this music more than I actually thought that I had..

Dixieland Jazz music, became popular around 1917, and was the succesor of American Ragtime music from the late 1800's and early 1900's era.

The Dixieland Band in this video, is playing one of My all time favorite Dixieland Jazz standards that I had heard when I had visited the city of New Orleans, a song entitled "The South Rampart Street Parade".

What the heck! Come on everyone! Lets have a little Mardi Gras right now!

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: