Thursday, May 31, 2012


I have always been a big fan of the Indiana Harbor Belt Railroad growing up in Chicago Illinois.

My first actual exposure to the IHB, happened when I attended Curie High School in Chicago Illinois from 1977 to 1981, as the IHB's ricketty and poorly maintained "Stockyards Branch", passed right behind My high school. I fondy remember seeing these dirty and very gritty looking early 1950's era EMD NW 2 switchers, working the Stockyards Branchline local almost daily. In their classic black and white color scheme and a very New York Central like logo, this train was very much like the late 1950's era New York Central Railroad itself in Chicago. Many times the Stockyards local had a jade green caboose with blanked out cupola windows coupled to the rear.

This photograph appears at My link Page Fallen Flags.Org, located to the right of Your computer screen at http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/

Railfan photographer Dennis Schmidt, pghotographed this IHB black and white NW 2 yard switcher in Freanklin Park Illinois, way back in June of 1979.

Happy memories!

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: