Friday, September 26, 2008

1960's era Chicago Police car.

1960's era Chicago Police car.
Hello everyone!
Welcome aboard Eddie's Railfan Page.
Todays posting is going out in honor of Leomemorial AKA Renee, one of My regular readers and supporters of Eddie's Railfan Page from Chicago's southwest side. Leomemorial has an avid interest in anything Police or Law Enforement connected, and I thought that this picture would be more than appropriate. This photo, is part of a display inside the concourse at Chicago's Navy Pier promoting law enforcement. I grew up in Chicago during the 1960's and 70's, and can recall seeing these police cars with their single rotating Mars light on the roof, and that unique blue and white paint sceme with the star logo on the front door. Their sirens were also unique, as I vaguely remember that they made a sound that went something like
Mum-Mum-Mum-Mum-Mum. I believe that this may have been a Pulsater Siren.

Renee, I hope that You enjoyed seeing this one today.

Thank You.
Eddie K.

1 comment:

leomemorial said...

Eddie, what a beautiful tribute to our law enforcement, past and present, with your posting.

Your post made me smile as well as cry because my life has been turned down upside down recently...

but i feel very blessed to have my friends on here in my life. thank you very much. HUGZ to you, the MRS and Jasmine