Monday, September 29, 2008

In loving memory of My cousin Richard Horvath. 1955 - 2008.

In loving memory of My Cousin Richard Horvath. 1955 - 2008.

Tradgedy has struck here at Eddie's Railfan Page.
Today, at 1:55 AM , My Cousin Richard Horvath passed away at Christ Hospital
in southwest suburban Oak Lawn Illinois from massive injuries recieved from
a hit and run accident. My Cousin Richard was believed to be riding home from his
3rd shift job in Bedford Park Illinois on His bicycle, when he was hit and run by a speeding
motorist in Burbank Illinois. His sudden and untimely passing caught all of his
family and friends off guard. I was just talking to him last week on the telephone.

Richard was an avid photographer,he enjoyed cooking, and was a big fan of the
1960's Brittish Invasion pop music group The Beatles. While He enjoyed all
of the members of The Beatles, He was mainly a fan of John Lennon. ( 1940-1980.)
Richard also enjoyed the Rolling Stones, Led Zeplin and several other Rock
and Roll music acts from the 1960's and 70's.

Richard was more than just a Cousin to Me.
He was also a best friend and an older Brother figure as well.

While not a Railfan himself, My cousin Richard grew up in Chicago's Ashburn
neighborhood just south of Hayford Junction. He lived one block east of the
Grand Trunk Western Railroad mainline on West 80th Place near South Saint Louis
Avenue, on Chicago's southwest side near the Ford City Shopping Center.

Although Richard was never married, He leaves behind a Brother, several Family
members and friends. His sense of humor and loving heart will be greatly missed.

Rest in peace Rich.

Thank You for all those happy memorys growing up with You.

Eddie K.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

RIP, Rich, and condolences to the family. I knew his brother Joe but only met Rich a few times, growing up at 80th and Lawndale.

Anonymous said...

I saw the story about this tragedy on the Chicago Tribune's website and read it with interest because of the local angle. I'm stunned and saddened to learn it was your cousin. All the best to you and your family. I hope the responsible person is swiftly brought to justice.

Anonymous said...

orry Eddie for you and your families loss. Nothing I really can say to make the pain go away, but it is always good to know there are people who care. Prayers go out to you and your family.

Dennis

Tom Gill said...

So sorry to hear about your cousin. I remember hearing you speak about him often.

leomemorial said...

Eddie,

wow. all my prayers are with you and your family. i know burbank pd is one of the best out here & will find the person who did this horrid act.

please contact me if there's anything i can do to help