Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Southbound Belt Railway of Chicago transfer train approaching West 67th Street in a rainstorm. Chicago Illinois. June 2008.

Southbound Belt Railway of Chicago transfer train approaching west 67th Street in a rainstorm. Chicago Illinois. June 2008.
I took this photo looking north from west 67th street , east of South Cicero avenue in June of 2008. I was heading westbound over the West 67th street railroad crossing, when I spotted this approaching photo opportunity. Unfortunately for Me, it suddenly began to rain heavy upon opening My car door, and I found Myself getting soaked by a heavy downpour. Railroads and their crews work in al sorts of weather 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I guess getting soaked is part of the fun of being a railfan photographer in the city of Chicago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But you missed the caboose on this one! How often do you see that anymore?