Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Southbound Belt Railway of Chicago maintenace truck and crewmember. 55th Street Junction. Chicago Illinois USA. January 2007.

Southbound Belt Railway of Chicago maintenance truck and crewmember. 55th Street Junction. Chicago Illinois. January 2007.

I took this photo one cold winter morning at 55th Street junction near Chicago's Midway Airport. A Belt Railway of Chicago maintenance department worker, is seen approaching the BRC crosstracks east of South Cicero Avenue, at 55th Street Junction. Railroad infrustructure maintenace is a year round operation. 55th Street Junction is a very special place for Me, as I use to go train spotting there after school, while I was attending nearby Curie High School from 1977 to 1981.
Unfortunately...I didn't own My own camera yet back then.

No comments: