Thursday, September 18, 2008

Former Atchinson, Topeka & Santa Fe covered hopper. Franklin Park Illinois USA. May 2008.

A former Atchinson, Topeka & Santa Fe covered hopper in pre 1995 markings. Franklin Park Illinois. May 2008.

For many years, I was a big fan of the Atchinson, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad. I always enjoyed seeing their equipment and unique color schemes every chance I
had gotten. The Atchinson, Topeka & Santa Fe merged with the Burlington Northern
in 1995, and became todays BNSF Railway. Although I still miss My old favorite
A,T & S,F....leftover unrepainted pieces of it show up occasionally. I spotted
this former A,T&,S,F covered hopper on a westbound Canadian Pacific transfer
train entering Franklin Park Illinois in May of 2008. It was good to see these
old favorite markings again.

No comments: