Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My beloved Aunt Rosemary Atkins. 1926 -2008. It's one year later and We still miss You greatly in our hearts.

My Aunt Rosemary. 1926-2008.

Many things have happened in the life of Your host and photographer here at Eddie's Railfan Page this past year. It has been a tough time. Last year on Sunday night, January 6th, 2008....My family lost a really wonderful relative that was an inspiration to us and to several people who knew her personally.

For many years, My Aunt Rose was a very kind and unique individual who had more energy and a huge sense of fun and adventure than people half of her age. She had a big heart, and always wanted to be wherever a local Chicago area celebration was to be had. Between the many civic and ethnic oriented events around town, her desire for culture, and the way that she bonded with people young and old alike, My Aunt Rosemary was a very popular person. It seemed like nothing could stop her except for her health in later years. Besides living at three different residences with My family for many years, it seemed that she was constantly with us. Her sudden and very massive heart attack last year put an end to this era, and none of us can believe that she is actually no longer with us today. We all miss her greatly today.

Here is a photograph from much happier times. My Aunt Rosemary is seen here on an August 1985 Luncheon cruise aboard the Spirit of Chicago sightseeing boat. My Aunt Rose, will always be My family's own Spirit of Chicago.

Rest in peace Aunt Rose. Your family and friends that are still here in this world love and miss You. You were absolutely great. You will always be a tough act to follow. You will always be in our hearts.

Thank You.
Eddie K.

No comments: