Monday, July 06, 2009

Chicago, Aurora and Elgin Railroad early 1900's era interurban coaches. The Illinois Railway Museum. Union Illinois USA. Friday, July 3rd 2009.

Chicago, Aurora and Elgin Railroad early 1900's era wooden interurban coaches. The Illinois Railway Museum. Union Illinois. Friday, July 3rd 2009.

The fourth of July weekend for 2009, was a very pleasant one for My wife and Myself.
On Friday, July 3rd 2009...I went with her, My Brother and Sister in law and My Nephew on a one day road trip to the Illinois Railway Museum, located in the small town of Union Illinois.

I took this photo at the museum's East Union depot. One of the museum's volunteer train conductors is seen taking a much deserved cold drink of bottled water on this hot summer afternoon. The two car wooden interurban train from the Chicago, Aurora and Elgin Railroad, will soon be departing the East Union depot on another mainline demonstration run.

No comments: