Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Chicago's famous Vito and Nick's Pizza. ( Original location at South Pulaski Road and West 84th Street.) Chicago Illinois USA. Tuesday, June 30th 2009

Vito and Nick's Pizza. Chicago Illinois. June 2009.

Hi everyone!
Welcome aboard Eddie's Railfan Page.

I am originally from the southwest side of the city of Chicago Illinois, and grew up with many a tasty Pizzeria or two. The southside of Chicago for some reason or another, seems to be "Blessed" with more than our share of really great and inexpensive neighborhood pizza places.

On Tuesday night, June 30th 2009...I traveled across town from My job in north suburban Glenview Illinois, to one of My all time favorite southside Chicago pizza places "Vito and Nick's Pizza! Mmmmmmmm!
The occasion was a get together dinner outing with several of My buddys from the southside of Chicago. I have enjoyed dining at Vito and Nick's Pizza for several years, and I was really missing the place. My taste buds were just begging Me!

Vito and Nick's actually have a few locations to dine at today, but this is the original one that started it all on South Pulaski Road and West 84th Street. Vito and Nick's Pizza was also featured recently on the Food Network cable TV show known as Drive Ins, Diners and Dives hosted by Guy Fietti.

It was great to be back for a night of very savory southside Chicago style thin crust pizza.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

2 comments:

Lin said...

That was always a great pizza! But my all time favorite was Chesdans, on Archer near Kedzie. Many a Saturday nite was spent there!

Anthony C said...

Well, it was great to hang out and share pizza with you and the guys, and it's been years since I've had Vito n' Nick's (even though it's close to home), but I've gotta say it is definitely NOT a favorite. There's just no tomato flavor. There's no sauce.

But Eddie, we'll have pizza with ya anywhere! Let's plan the next outing real soon.