Thursday, July 30, 2009

Digital Live Sound Video: Chicago severe thunderstorm. Morton Grove Illinois USA. Friday, June 19th 2009.



This video is going out in honor of people who enjoy weather related subjects.

I photographed dramatic stormy weather video, on Friday, June 19th 2009. I was just going on My lunchbreak, when a major severe storm system had began to wreak havoc on the Greater Chicagoland Area. Here I am passing through north suburban Morton Grove Illinois, just as the severe storm system was begining to arrive.

I was just listening to WBBM News Radio 780 AM prior to turning on My digital camera, and here I am passing along some important weather update information.

The entire Chicago area was under a severe thunderstorm watch until 3:00 PM that day.
Streets were flooded everywhere, and water could be seen shooting upward out of the holes in sewer covers. Many basements were flooded due to the constant and heavy deluge of this freak thunderstorm system. It rained for several hours, and visibility was low. Driving conditions were very dangerous. Chicago got SOAKED!

No comments: