Monday, July 27, 2009

Milwaukee County Transit District bus on a chartered fantrip excursion. Milwaukee Wisconsin USA. Late March 2001.

Milwakee County Transit District bus on a fantrip charter. Milwaukee Wisconsin. March 2001.

I took this photo in the very early Springtime of 2001.

From 1999 to 2001, I worked for a small company in Romeoville Illinois as a delivery truck driver / courier. While I was employed there, I discovered a group just south of town in nearby Cresthill Illinois, that had a collection of antique city transit buses on a private industrial commercial rental storage lot. This group was known as The Midwest Transit Bus Museum. I soon joined the group, and was a member from 2000 to 2002.

One of the occasional fun activities that the group from the Midwest Transit Bus Museum, and members of the Chicago chapter of the Omnibus Society of America would do, is charter an all day city bus photo excursion in and around the city of Milwaukee Wisconsin. I went on several of these charters courtesy of the Milwaukee County Transit District. Here is one of there city buses being posed for the photographers cameras just outside the city of Milwaukee Wisconsin. It was a fun trip.

1 comment:

private bus services said...

your site is very nice, very useful for me , i bookmarked your blog