Thursday, July 09, 2009

Fiore's Italian Deli on West Erie Street. Chicago Illinois USA. 2007.

Fiore's Italian Deli. Located at 2258 West Erie Street in Chicago's Ukranian Village neighborhood. Chicago Illinois.

One of My all time favorite things that I enjoy showing on My blogsite here at Eddie's Railfan Page, are the many photos of local Chicago neighborhood scenes,and all of the unique curiosities in them that make the city of Chicago so unique.

One of My all time favorate places that I enjoyed stopping at in recent years past when I used to be an outside sales rep in career moves past, was this unique little street corner Italian family owned grocery store and deli.

This is Fiore's Italian Deli, located at 2258 West Erie Street in Chicago's Ukranian Village neighborhood. Located on the northeast corner of west Erie Street and North Oakley Avenue, this little neighborhood corner store sold everything from Cigarettes to Pizza slices. You need ingrediants for that homemade Spaghetti dinner? No problem!
This is an example of the once common neighborhood side street Mom and Pop stores once common in the city of Chicago Illinois. My old neighborhood once had several of these during the 1960's and early 1970's. You need a gallon of milk on short notice and some lottery tickets? You came to the right place! just footsteps from home if You live in this area.

No comments: