Monday, July 16, 2012

Eddie K hosting at the Forest Park Public Library. Forest ParkIllinois. Sunday, July 15th, 2012.

Hi everyone!

This is Eddie K, Your host and photographer here at Eddie's Railfan Page.

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of hosting one of my public speaking presentations at the Forest Park Public Library.

The theme of my show, was "Kiddieland Memories", wich featured several photographs and video clips of the former Kiddieland Amusement Park in Melrose Park Illinois. ( 1928 - 2009). As an added bonus, I also presented a short series of multi media slideshows that featured several photos from Chicago's once many amusement parks of the past.

Although I only had a small 6 member audience, they were wonderful to have on board in the librarie's Austin Room downstairs. One of the audience members, was actually a former maintenance worker from the Kiddieland Amusement Park during the park's last two seasons of operation. He had many fascinating stories to share, and even spotted His "Boss" in My slideshow DVD.

 This photograph was taken of me, during an intermission break toward the end of the show. I was in the process of playing a promotional video I had made, for the Oak Park Society of Model Engineers,H.O Scale Model Railroad Club seen in the background on the screen.

It was a fun afternoon nonetheless, and I hope that I have the opportunity to present once again someday at the Forest Park Public Library.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: