Monday, January 04, 2010

Two former Burlington Northern EMD roadswitchers on the south hump at the BNSF Railway's Corwith Yard. Chicago Illinois USA. January 2007.

Two former Burlington Northern RR EMD roadswitchers on the south hump at the BNSF Railway's Corwith Yard. Chicago Illinois. January 2007.

I took this photo two years ago on a cold but very sunny winter morning, in January of 2007.

I grew up on the southwest side of Chicago, and rest assured...the former Atchinson, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad Corwith Yard was always a favorite location that I enjoyed visiting back in the 1980's. I knew about Corwith Yard to some extant for a number of years prior, as I had frequently rode the Chicago Transit Authority Route # 62 Archer / Harlem Avenue bus past it many times.

I actually discovered it more firsthand when I had attended nearby Curie High School from 1977 to 1981. Although I did not own My first 35MM camera until March of 1983, train spotting at the south hump of Corwith Yard was always a favorite activity after school.

This photo was taken looking northeast from the intersection of South Archer Avenue and West 47th Street in Chicago's Brighton Park neighborhood.

No comments: